Thursday, October 31, 2019

Nothing

I have reached a pivotal moment in my life. I am a sophomore in college a time that is often described as the best time of your life. Yet I have nothing going on. I walked back from a wet and cold practice today and attempted to think of ideas I could write about. I had nothing. So I will write about that nothingness.

I don't have much going on in my life. My weeks repeat themselves. My boredom rises. Every week follows the same schedule (no actually our coaches send out our schedule every Monday). That is the life of a student-athlete. Classes repeat over and over again I struggle to find news and sports articles to read to avoid paying attention in class. Workouts three times a week at various times fill free hours before or after classes. School work falls low on the priority list as you write blogs about how you have nothing going on.
Image result for boredom

Filling the time left is quite easy for me. I have four options that I keep on a constant cycle. Food is always near the top of the list. Food is double edged sword as you kill more time to both find the food and then eat it. Sleep has become one of my most treasured time killers. The amount of times I wake up in a day can range anywhere from 2-5 times with naps scheduled throughout my entire week. I often hear "all you ever do is sleep" from my friends who know me best. Netflix follows in the cycle and it often is combined with second on this list. As we come up on the anniversary of my best friend Nick and his family allowing me to join their Netflix account I want to reiterate to them my thanks for allowing me to be part of their Netflix family. Lastly is the most boyish of time killers. Video games whether I am playing alone or with friends time seems to slip away as you play video games.

Maybe at some point my life will pick up. I turned 20 in august and maybe my life with take a trip to the roaring 20's it just hasn't started yet. I will enjoy my predictable and scheduled life. As people walk in and out of it maybe certain things will start to change. For now, it is time for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment