Thursday, October 24, 2019

One Goal, To Be Alone

When I was 13 I came up with my biggest and most challenging life goal to date. It is a dream and goal that my mother will never let me forget. She uses it when she first meets friends of mine I think she likes to show the caring side of me and embarrass me like only mothers should. The dream has evolved and developed over the past seven years but the premise remains the same. I want to own a private island.
Image result for private island
I have done more research into this topic than any 20- year old should. I get monthly newsletters from Private Islands Inc. I have looked into the cost and locations of islands across the globe. In the Caribbean you can get a 2-acre developed island for about $400,000. Sounds like a great deal to me. Islands can also go for tens of millions of dollars.

Forgotten however are the details of owning a private island. Purchasing an island is the most unique real-estate purchase possible. Before even buying the island going to a "showing" of an island can have difficulties. Location can determine how accessible the island is along with the weather. When buying an island yes the land is separate and private the mainland is still relied on. Day to day life still requires the amenities of living in a town or city. The infrastructure of the nearby mainland is key.

The benefits of living on vacation are easy to see. The vacation lifestyle most wish to achieve is often difficult to execute. Mainstream power or plumbing being readily available on islands is an added bonus that comes with added cost. The dream island away from all civilization is hard to find and leads to a lonely secluded feeling that some turnout to be unable to handle.
Image result for private island
I hope to own an island at some point in my life. I could go off to a secluded island and not have a care in the world. As I write this in my dorm room I wonder how good my writing could be if my writing scenery was a beach and not a dorm. Island lifestyle and island time is not for everyone, but it will always be for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of having an island but I may settle for a few dozen acres since I don't think I'll be that successful haha.

    ReplyDelete