Tuesday, April 2, 2019

The Happiest Place on Earth without me

"You just won the Super Bowl what are you going to do next?"

"I am going to Disney World"

One of the most well known advertisements that is almost not even an ad at this point. Growing up in Tampa exactly one hour and four minutes from the happiest place on earth I grew up a Disney kid. This was before everything was so technologically advanced and you could walk up to the front gate get tickets and have yourself a Disney day without much trouble.

For my spring break this year, I went home and worked as well as interviewing for summer jobs. My parents however took a trip to Disney. While in the beginning I was quite envious of the situation it became something that was more of a reminder. How one brand can have such an impact.

Disney is one of the most widely known brands in the world. Here are 15 facts that you may not know about the brand that can make anyone feel like a kid again.

1. Disney was founded in 1923

2. Disney's first film was Alice's Wonderland

3. The first Disney character was a rabbit

4. They produced the first ever feature animation film

5. Many of their films have reached over 1 billion dollars in revenue and are still growing to this day

6. They have twice made over 4 billion dollars in a calendar year in film

7. The first Disney resort was in California

8. Bob Iger is the current CEO and Chair

9. Headquarters are in California

10. They acquired Pixar in 2006

11. The acquired Marvel in 2009

12. They acquired LucasFilm in 2012

13. Walt Disney World in the largest resort/ park in the world

14. Admission prices to the parks have increased all but three years of existence
-1976
-1977
-1988

15. There are 5 Walt Disney Resorts and Parks around the Globe

1 comment:

  1. I went to Disney a few times as a kid but not as often as I thought I had. Disney is such a cool place that adults love going to it just as much as the kids do. It's been so long though that I have no idea what the price of admissions is anymore. I think I might try to go back again to see if I have as much fun as an adult as I did as a kid.

    ReplyDelete